Celeritas Speedcube Lube by Angstrom
Product description reproduced with permission from the Cubicle
Celeritas is our first two-part lubricant, featuring Reagent A and Reagent B. Similar to other two-part products such as epoxy resins and silicone curing compounds, Celeritas undergoes a chemical reaction when the two components are mixed, and cannot be packaged as a one-part compound. This lubricant creates a fast and smooth turning experience.
- As a special silicone suspension of carbon based monomers. The silicone and special additives prevent the monomers from cross-linking prematurely, until it is mixed with Reagent B.
- Activates the chemical reaction in Reagent A, and cross-links all of the monomers to produce a unique gliding feeling in the cube.
- Extends the longevity of this feeling, allowing this gliding feeling to persist throughout common usage of the puzzle. Celeritas is not a simple water-based, or silicone based lubricant. It combines the best features of multiple lubricant features into one product.
How to use:
- Add 1-2 drops reagent A into a clean, dry cube which has been cleaned of previous lubricant. Be careful not to add too much, because the initial lubricity of Reagent A is significantly different from the final feeling. Adding too much will result in an overly slow cube. Do many turns to ensure that Reagent A has coated the inner surfaces of the puzzle. This should take about 2 solves.
- Add 2-3 drops of Reagent B, and quickly begin to turn the puzzle to allow consistent reaction between the two Reagents.
- After step 3, the cube may either be too fast, or too slow. If it is too fast, it is recommended to use a heavy silicone to slow the puzzle down. If it is too slow, we recommend cleaning the puzzle out, and adding less Reagent A.
- 3cc bottle of Reagent A
- 3cc bottle of Reagent B
- 3D printed holder
Note: Some puzzles react better to Celeritas than others. For big cube use, we recommend using less Reagent A, and more Reagent B.